District 14          
Veterans of Foreign Wars Texas
parade horses



Become a Member of The VFW



Veterans of Foreign Wars Membership Requirements


VFW District 14 Texas welcomes all who meet our eligibility criteria. It's through service to this country that all our membership has earned their elite status.

If you are an eligible veteran considering applying for membership at one of our VFW Posts, obtain all the necessary proofs of eligibility to submit with your application to avoid denial.


To join a VFW Post, you must be a citizen of the United States. However, there is no stipulation that a person must have been a U.S. citizen at the time he served in the military. If you obtained citizenship after your time in the service, you may still be eligible for membership at a VFW Post.

Honorable Discharge

The applicant must have served as a member of United States' military. It doesn't matter which branch a veteran or how long a veteran served. However, veterans must have received an honorable discharge upon leaving the military. Veterans who did not serve honorably according to their discharge status are not eligible for membership in the VFW.  The VFW also offers membership to service personnel who are still active members of the military, and who meet the eligibility requirements.

If you have received a campaign medal for overseas service; have served 30 consecutive or 60 non-consecutive days in Korea; or have ever received hostile fire or imminent danger pay, then you're eligible to join our ranks.

You can fill out an application by clicking on the LINKs below. If you have any questions you can contact one of your local VFW Posts where our members will be glad to assist you in filling out an application. Remember to bring your DD-214 or hostile fire orders.



Check Your Eligibility

National Application

Online Application Form

 Regular Application

Paper Application Form